Are unpaid internships holding back the next generation?
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón speak with Chloé A. Moore, CFP®, a Financial Planner for Tech Professionals, the founder of Financial Staples, and co-founder of the BLX Internship Program. Together they talk about unpaid internships and the gate-keeping role they play for individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. Chloé explains the challenges faced by the BLX Internship program in finding firms willing to hire interns, as well as the alternative opportunities they provide. They also discuss the importance of mentorship and accessibility in the industry.
- How the BLX internship program has grown over the past 3 years
- How the internship program adds value to those who want to get into the industry
- How firms can reach out to BLX and offer internship opportunities
- Why it’s important to reach out to different communities to diversify the profession
- The impact of unpaid internships on candidates from lower socioeconomic backgrounds and how the BLX internship program is helping them
- The barriers and challenges faced by firms in finding local interns and how virtual internships have increased the pool of available candidates
- The impact of unpaid internships on candidates from lower socioeconomic backgrounds
- And more
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Chloé Moore:
About our Guest:
Chloé A. Moore, CFP® is the founder of Financial Staples and co-founder of the BLX Internship program. Chloé has had the privilege of helping people realize their potential and live the life of their dreams for almost two decades. She has also worked with a wide range of clients from multi-generational high net-worth families to recent college graduates. With each relationship, she gains more insight into how much our emotions and our history with money have an impact on our financial decisions. When she isn’t working, you can find her exploring new restaurants, trying new recipes, listening to live music, or traveling.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.