Building a sense of community within the financial services industry fosters an environment where advisors can embrace and learn from the unique perspectives and experiences of one another.
In this episode, Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, speaks with Vanessa N. Martinez, CEO and Co-Founder of Em-Powered Network, and Co-Founder of SER Latino Advisor Summit, about the importance of representation and creating a supportive community for Latinos in the industry. They mention the underrepresentation of women and Latinos in the industry and emphasize the need for firms to have a plan in place to change this lack of diversity and inclusion. They also discuss the importance of supporting employees in their career development and creating a sense of loyalty. They mention the upcoming SER Latino Advisor Summit and the tools and resources that will be provided to attendees.
- The story of how she met Ana at an Excel meeting almost a year ago
- Her first money memory of wanting to get her first job at 14 years old
- Her journey from studying abroad in Guatemala to joining the financial industry
- How her experiences in Guatemala have helped the trajectory of her career
- How her and Dr. Patricia Villareal’s vision for the Em-Powered Network has evolved
- How developing the SER Latino Advisor Summit aligns with both her personal and professional values
- A sneak peek of what she and Dr. Patricia Villareal will talk about at the SER Latino Advisor Summit
- The benefits of building community among other Latinos in the financial services space and what that means for retention and attraction of talent in the future
- How firms can attract and would benefit from attracting Latinos as talent, employees, stakeholders and clients.
- Some of the elements of the SER Latino Advisor Summit that she’s excited for
- Her event-planning tips for advisors
- Why creating space gives her a sense of freedom
- And more
- Global Excel Summit
- SER Latino Advisor Summit
- Table Solutions
- Latino Leadership Institute Fellowship Program
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Vanessa N. Martinez:
About our Guest:
Vanessa N. Martinez, Founder and CEO of Em-Powered Network, leverages over 15 years of expertise in family wealth dynamics to provide actionable solutions. Her journey began managing international lumber sales in Guatemala while earning a BBA from the University of San Carlos. With an MBA in finance and FINRA Series 6, 7, 63, and 65 licenses, she excelled at The Lerner Group at Hightower Advisors for nine years, co-authoring “Family Value at Risk.” Vanessa’s impact extends to leadership in her community and empowering women through Savvy Ladies. She’s a devoted wife, proud mother to two daughters, and companion to Patches.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.