Introducing former financial planner and banker of several Fortune 500 firms, current Assistant Professor of Personal Financial Planning at Texas Tech University, and author, Miranda Reiter, Ph.D., CFP®.
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, and Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, speak with Dr. Miranda Reiter about the significance of diversity and inclusion in financial planning, and the need for mentorship and support for students and young professionals. Dr. Reiter talks about her journey to becoming a professor and her research in financial planning, including the dynamics of race and gender in choosing a financial planner. Miranda also mentions her recent project with The Great Courses, creating the audio book Six Ways To Manage Money.
Dr. Miranda Reiter discusses:
- Her childhood aspirations and journey to becoming a professor
- The misconceptions about pursuing a Ph.D.
- Her research in financial planning and diversity in the industry
- The importance of diversity and inclusion in financial planning
- Supporting students and young professionals in the industry
- Why we need more tech programs in schools
- Dr. Reiter’s “Six Ways To Manage Money” audio book with The Great Courses
- And more
- Six Steps To Manage Your Money
- Dr. Ajamu Loving: Wealth Building and Generational Planning for Minorities
- Tucker Bryant: Unlocking Innovation Through Vulnerability
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Miranda Reiter:
About our Guest:
Dr. Miranda Reiter, CFP® began her career in the financial services industry in 2003 and has worked as a financial planner and banker at several Fortune 500 firms before her academic career. She created a financial planning firm in 2013, She & Money Financial Planning. Her financial advice has been quoted in popular media outlets such as The BBC, US News, USA Today, and Forbes. In addition to her career in financial services, Dr. Reiter has taught at several educational institutions in the U.S., France, and the Ivory Coast. In 2023, Dr. Reiter published a personal finance audiobook, Six Steps to Manage Your Money, published by Audible/Great Courses, and is the author of many more. She is a member of the Financial Planning Association, the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education, and the American Council of Consumer Interests. Dr. Reiter earned her Ph.D. in Personal Financial Planning from Kansas State University.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.