Transitioning business to the next generation can seem like an uphill battle, but reframing the transition makes stepping away and giving the next generation the room they need to grow, easier.
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, and Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, speak with Executive Business Coach, Tammy Breitenbach, ACC, MBA about helping advisors through transitions. Tammy covers preparing the mindset of advisors to transition, helping clients transition to the next generation, and how she helps advisors transition to finding the right partnering firm for them.
- How her passion for communication led her to become an executive business coach
- Some of the biggest challenges she sees advisors facing today
- Why the first step to solving practice management challenges is to reframe the situation
- How she challenges advisors who are planning their succession to step away and give the next generation of advisors the opportunity to take over in their place
- Tips for advisors to help manage the personal part of taking a step back
- Advice for advisors, to make blueprinting a successful process
- How advisors can establish a better connection with the next generation of their clients’ families
- How she has helped advisors with the transition to finding the right firm to partner with
- And more
- FIG Symposium 2023
- Carson Coaching Family Summit Planning Guide and Toolkit
- J. Peller episode
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Tammy Breitenbach:
About our Guest:
Tammy Breitenbach, ACC, MBA is an Executive Business Coach at Carson Coaching. Tammy finds a business’ unique ecosystem by understanding the history, the team, and what makes each practice tick. She can advise how to implement improvements or processes in a way that will work effectively for them. Tammy is passionate about helping advisors draw real satisfaction from their practices – that includes running a business that functions well to support their bigger wants and purpose in life. Not take them away from it. Prior to joining Carson Group in 2018, Tammy spent 10 years of private consulting as the Principal Consultant of Catalyst Partners, a company she founded in 2008. At Catalyst, Tammy specialized in providing hands-on business counsel and leadership advice exclusively to owners of Independent RIAs and their key staff, to help them grow stronger, more profitable businesses.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.