Choosing a career is one of the most important decisions you can make. With time and money often being the biggest constraints, how can you make a career decision that will help you land your dream job?
In today’s episode of the Framework, Ana Trujillo Limon talks with Inga Timmerman, Associate Professor of Finance and Financial Planning at California State University and Founder at Attainable Wealth. Inga discusses her transition from a career in corporate finance to being a teacher and owning her own company, how she helps students optimize their career choices, and what it takes to land a job in the financial planning field.
Inga Timmerman is an applied academic. She runs a CFP program for undergrad while having a practice on the side. Her goal is to educate people about how to improve their lives through financial planning.
- What led Inga to a teaching career and owning a firm.
- How Inga helps students make wise financial decisions.
- Inga’s career advice for graduates in the financial planning field.
- Why getting research work published is very challenging.
- Why having a community is essential to achieving success in the financial services sector.
- What the future holds for students studying financial planning.
- Best practices and actionable tips for hiring and recruiting.
- The legacy Inga wants to leave in the academic world.
“I want every student to know that you can succeed no matter what. It doesn’t matter where you are in life. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done. You can get a job and no matter where the starting point is, it’s going to be okay and fine in the end. You can always find a new job or a new career and you’ll be okay. Just keep pushing.” – Inga Timmerman
- Inga Timmerman on LinkedIn
- University of Akron
- California Lutheran University
- California State University, Northbridge