In this episode, Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limon talk to Anders Jones, CEO and co-founder of Facet Wealth.
Anders and his team create high-impact plans for their clients so they enjoy better financial outcomes and, ultimately, financial freedom. As Anders puts it, financial planning — the way it should be.
Anders talks with Jamie and Ana about ensuring holistic financial services, leveraging tech tools and custodian platforms and conscientiously improving clients’ experience.
- How Anders Jones built his career.
- The game-changing DOL fiduciary rule.
- The impact of consumer transparency.
- Why every decision is not a financial decision.
- The importance of employee financial wellness and benefits.
- Launching a startup vs joining an established company.
- Web3 and crypto.
- The impact of a lack of fintech custodian platforms.
- Why UX experience is important.
- How to instill trust in a digital world.
- How to achieve client success.
- Setting high standards in the financial planning industry.
“If you take a big step back—the world in general, even outside of financial services, is moving towards a more consumer-centric version of itself. And the big reason for that is that information is much more easily accessible.” – Anders Jones
“There are some people who are made for startups and there are others who would just find it horribly discombobulating. The way that I sort of think about it is that startups are a journey of discovery. You have to go through a lot of iterations and a lot of ups and downs.” – Anders Jones
- Anders Jones on LinkedIn
- Facet Wealth
- Framework: Inclusion, Wealth Management, and Work Ethic with Tyrone Ross Jr.
- Framework: Advising as a Professional Service and the Shifting Fiduciary Landscape with Skip Schweiss
- DOL Fiduciary Rule
- Warby Parker
- Brett White